|postpone||put off to a later time; delay||عقب انداختن|
|consent||agree; give permission or approval||رضایت|
|massive||big and heavy; large and solid; bulky||عظیم|
|capsule||a small case or covering||کپسول|
|preserve||keep from harm or change; keep safe; protect||حفظ|
|denounce||condemn in public; express strong disapproval of||تقبیح کردن|
|unique||having no like or equal; being the only one of its kind||منحصر بفرد|
|torrent||any violent, rushing stream; flood||تورنت|
|resent||feel injured and angered at (something)||کینه توزی|
|molest||interfere with and trouble; disturb||بدجنس ترین|
|gloomy||dark; dim; in low spirits||عبوس|
|unforeseen||not known beforehand; unexpected||پیش بینی نشده|
واژگان کتاب 504 واژه – درس 7
- I neglected to postpone the party because I thought everyone would be able to come.
- The supermarket’s owner planned to postpone the grand opening until Saturday.
- My teacher consented to let our class leave early.
- David will not consent to our plan.
- The majority of our club members consented to raise the dues.
- The boss asked some employees to lift the massive box.
- From lifting weights, Willie had developed massive arm muscles.
- The main building on the campus was so massive that the new students had trouble finding their way around at first.
- The small capsule contained notes the spy had written after the meeting.
- A new, untested medicine was detected in the capsule by the police scientists.
- He explored the space capsule for special equipment.
- The lawyers wanted to preserve the newest reforms in the law.
- Farmers feel that their rural homes should be preserved.
- The father denounced his son for lying to the district attorney.
- Some people denounce the government for probing into their private lives.
- The consumer advocate denounced the defective products being sold.
- Going to Africa was a unique experience for us.
- The inventor developed a unique method of making ice cream.
- Antony has a unique collection of postal stamps.
- A massive rain was coming down in torrents.
- In the debate, a torrent of questions was asked.
- After trying to defraud the public, Simon was faced with a torrent of charges.
- Bertha resented the way her husband treated her.
- The earthquake victim resented the poor emergency care.
- My neighbor was molested when walking home from the subway.
- The gang did a thorough job of molesting the people in the park.
- Lifeguards warned the man not to molest any of the swimmers.
- My cousin was gloomy because his best friend had moved away.
- The reason David wasn’t popular was that she always had a gloomy appearance.
- Jones Beach is not so beautiful on a gloomy day.
- We had some unforeseen problems with the new engine.
- The probe into the congressman’s finances turned up some unforeseen difficulties.
- The divers faced unforeseen trouble in their search for the wreck.