|appeal||attraction; interest; to urge||درخواست|
|addict||one who cannot break away from a habit or practice; addicted, unable to break a habit||معتاد|
|wary||on one’s guard against danger or trickery; cautious||محتاط|
|misfortune||bad luck||بد شانسی|
|avoid||keep away from: keep out of the way of||اجتناب کردن|
|wretched||very unsatisfactory; miserable||بدبخت|
|keg||small barrel, usually holding less than ten gallons||بشکه|
|nourish||make or keep alive and well, with food; feed; develop an attitude||تغذیه کردن|
|harsh||rough to the touch, taste, eye, or ear: sharp||خشن|
|opt||choose or favor: select||انتخاب کردن|
واژگان کتاب 504 واژه – درس 17
- Anything Jorge could get at wholesale price had a great appeal for him.
- My boss always appeals to his employees to work swiftly and neatly.
- I found her clothing designs to be enormously appealing.
- Because he was a heroin addict, it was essential for Carlos to get the drug each day
- Marcia became flabby because she was addicted to ice cream sodas.
- hose who take aspirins and other pain-killers regularly should realize that they may become drug addicts, too.
- Marilyn’s mother told her to be wary of strangers.
- After Orlando had been the victim of a cheat, he was wary of those who said they wanted to help him.
- Living in a polluted city makes you wary of the air you breathe.
- Donna was aware of her tendency to exaggerate.
- It was some time before the police became aware of the brawl that was taking place on the street.
- One way to gain knowledge is to be aware of everything around you.
- It was my misfortune that our car wasn’t thoroughly checked before the trip through the desert.
- Being bitten by the vicious dog was quite a misfortune for Tommy.
- I had the misfortune of working for a greedy man.
- If you are fortunate you can avoid people who are trying to deceive you.
- There was no way to avoid noticing her beautiful green eyes.
- Avoid getting into a brawl if you can.
- I feel wretched after a night when I’ve scarcely slept.
- There was unanimous agreement that we had seen a wretched movie.
- The corner saloon uses numerous kegs of juice on a Saturday night.
- “Get a keg of nails,” the carpenter shouted at me.
- It is obvious to me that the situation is filled with peril, a real powder keg if I ever saw one.
- A diet of nourishing food is served to every hospital patient.
- It was easy to detect that the skinny boy was not well nourished.
- After the operation, our doctor plans to nourish my mother with vitamins and good food.
The law is harsh on people who go around menacing others.
Looking at his cigarette, Phil realized it was absurd to inhale such harsh smoke.
Hazel altered her tone of voice from a harsh one to a soft tone.
quantity – /ˈkwɒːntəti/
- I never neglect to carry a small quantity of money with me.
- Who believes that quantity is better than quality?
- A large quantity of meat is always stored in our freezer.
- If you give me an ice cream choice, I’ll opt for chocolate.
- Our cheerleaders plan to opt for new sweaters.
- On Friday, three of my buddies will opt to go into the navy.